Lavender is a flowering plant with a sweet floral scent. It has a unique flavor. Recently I tried a lavender iced latte in a local cafe and it had an astonishing taste so I have a recipe for you all. In this recipe, we will only use edible culinary-grade dried lavender which is easily available on Amazon or you can find online but it has to be edible because not all lavender is edible.
- Edible dried lavender 3 teaspoons
- White sugar 50g | ¼ cup
- Brown sugar 50g | ¼ cup
- Boiling water 200 ml
- Lavender syrup 2 tablespoons
- Double espresso shot
- Milk of choice 200ml
- Ice cubes
- Add both the sugars and lavender in a pot.
- Pour hot boiling water.
- Mix well and let it sit for 30 minutes with a lid on.
- Strain the liquid after 30 minutes.
- Your lavender syrup is ready. You can use the syrup for 1-2 weeks in an airtight bottle.
- Add ice and lavender syrup in a glass then pour milk and espresso shot on top. Enjoy.
- Try to use the best quality lavender leaves.
- You can use all white sugar if you do not have brown sugar.
- Brown sugar gives the caramel taste in the recipe.
- I used oat milk barista edition in this recipe.
- Refrigerate the syrup after using it.